Amidst the #stayathome order, Disney Parks released its prized Disney Churros Recipe on their blog! The theme park giant has long been a cultural trendsetter. With strides in the past few years to be more culturally inclusive with their content, we are excited to see the inclusion of LatinX culture as people all over the world snack on these delicious treats.
Why we love this recipe:
- Super fun activity with the kiddos
- A little LatinX culture taste from our favorite theme park
- All of these ingredients are likely already in the pantry
Disney Churros Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
Disney Churros Recipe Video (thank you MyHealthyDish)
RELATED ARTICLE: Insider Encurtido de Cebolla (Pickled Onions) Recipe Revealed